Meal Volunteer Helpful Hints
Helpful Instructions for Meal Volunteers
- Try and have the food delivered by the agreed-upon time.
- Call before you deliver, in order to ensure that someone is available to receive the food.
- Label all food clearly (e.g., “milchig”, “pareve”, “contains nuts”, “may be frozen”, etc…).
- Include a written note detailing any other instructions with respect to heating, storing, salad dressings and the like.
- Only send food in containers that can be recycled or disposed, not ones that need to be returned.
- Whenever possible, it is preferable to send the meal in a foil container that can be placed directly into the oven to save the family the need to deal with additional dirty pots and pans.